We all know how it goes! We get up in the morning, even a few minutes early from time to time, convinced we are going to make this day we look magazine cover perfect. Flip to reality as we realize emails may be due, kids to get ready for school, homework for those of us going to school and the thousands of other chores we have to achieve.
Rather than wear no makeup at all, I have selected 5 pieces of makeup that will have you almost close to that cover look. This look takes all of 5 minutes…Trust me as I am speaking from personal experience.
1. Concealer-Apply you concealer to your eyelids, under your eyes, and on any uneven spaces you have on your skin and gently blend. This will help your face and eyes to brighten immediately.
2. Eyeliner-Eyeliner placed on the line of the top lashes will help your eyes appear bigger and more defined.
3. Mascara-If you tend to have eyes that are oily, waterproof mascara will keep the eye clean all day. I still find Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in the waterproof formula to work quickly and cleanly. Apply two coats to your upper lashes and one coat to the bottom lashes for a little definition.
4. Lipstick-If you have beautiful skin to begin with, you can almost skip the first 3 and apply lip color. Lipstick will brighten the face and pull together your look. It is best to select a color that goes with your hair and skin tone rather than to just match an outfit.
5. Blush-Another must for every skin to bring out color in the face. If you have an oval face start your blush on the corner of the outer eye lid and sweep back and forth in a C shape to define the cheek bone and lift the face. For rounder faces, start at the center of the cheek (about 2 fingers from your nose) and repeat the same technique.
Even if you are still running like crazy, you will look like you are ready to face the day.