Summer may be over but the after-effects to your skin unfortunately are not! That’s why I wanted to take a minute to let you know about a special treatment I’m currently offering with glo.therapeutics products called GLO and GO. After only one 20 minute treatment, you will see your skin become instantly brighter and smoother
Another benefit of GLO and GO is the gradual lightening of dark spots so I also recommend it for anyone with conditions such as melasma, hyperpigmentation, and acne scarring. Including GLO and GO into your skincare routine every 4-6 weeks will give you that more even tone you have always
wanted for your skin but were never able to achieve on your own.
Thinking about giving it a try? Now is the perfect time to incorporate GLO and GO into your skincare routine as you must limit your exposure to the sun in order for this treatment to fully take effect. Wearing sunscreen is also a must with this treatment and I can help you select best one for your skin type with the protection level you need.
One of the best things about my job is learning new things. I’m never satisfied unless I’m bringing my clients the best products and treatments available in the skincare market today. GLO and GO falls into this category and I’m excited to be able to share
it with you! Contact me today for more info
Yes, Just “Brows”ing is finally opened! Besides being able to work with my clients again, the most exciting thing for me is that I can go back to writing on my blog and sharing the latest from the skin care and makeup world.
Spring makeup is so colorful this year! Bold colors such as fucshias, teals, hot pinks and hot colors are showing up in every makeup collection and can look so fantastic when paired with the right colors on the rest of the face. Can you see a hot pink lip with a soft pink eyeshadow simply lined and a fresh healthy blush?
Of course, now that spring is here, wedding season is in full force and I always enjoy this as I get to work with bridal parties that are a bit nervous, but always having a lot of fun. Can’t wait to post pictures! I have to add a couple of pictures from last year just to revisit some great times. I look forward to writing again and hearing back on questions you would like to see answered.
So many thanks,
I just want to let you know that I am heading on a new venture in my life which I am very excited about. I am finally opening my own small office to do my services called Just “Brows”ing Skincare& Makeup Services.
My goal whether it be providing services, writing my blog or talking to about the beauty industry is always to educate women and men on the best that is available for them and to have people be confident in what I am saying. I am a bit nervous and very excited about what is ahead.
I will have a website which will incorporate this blog that I am working on so posting will be occur more often and I can actually incorporate my own makeup work. Needless to say, I am getting some help on this. I just want to thank all of you for your support and I will be writing about my experiences as well as the usual tips and trends. I am hoping to open the last week of March or the first week of April!
Feel free to email me at MkeupJunki@aol.com
with any makeup and skincare questions so I can use them to add to my blog ideas.
Ah…yes, it is that time of year again! Valentine’s Day! Being a makeup artist has given me the freedom to wear any shade of red lipstick I can find and feel free and sexy. It is your turn to do that…be a little bold and enjoy it. There are so many soft reds and rose reds that even the fairest skin tones can feel comfortable. Below are my favorite reds in no particular order:
- MAC Russian Red….Okay yes, this is my favorite and has been for 20 years. It is hot, sassy and I started wearing it because I believed the marketing that it was Madonna’s favorite color!
- Chanel Dragon Red
- Shiseido #25
- Clinique Red, Red, Red
- Chanel Mademoiselle..Very soft and alluring
As Gwen Stefani is also a favorite of mine for wearing red lipstick-Could the woman be any prettier?-I am also looking forward to trying out L’oreal’s newest formula Infallible La Rouge. If I put it on, can I look even slightly like Gwen??
Two services in the beauty industry that can take 10 years off of your face cost…Yes, $35. What are these miracles services and how do they create this effect?
1. Eyebrow tinting: As we age, much like the hair on our heads, our eyebrows get lighter and start to thin out toward the ends of the brow. Getting your eyebrows tinted will help give your eyebrows definition, bring your eyecolor out and make your eyebrows look fuller and more natural. You will often have to use less brow powder and pencil.
2. Eyebrow shaping is the closest thing to a face lift you can do without having surgery. Ungroomed and untamed eyebrows will often cause the eyes to look less defined which will add attention to eye lines and darkness around the eye. When eyebrows are shaped in a style that flatter your face, the brows will be lifted causing the whole face to look perkier and younger.
I love doing these services for my clients because they can quickly see the difference and are so excited when friends and family tell them they look younger and ask them what they did to make such a difference.
Photo courtesy of Estee Lauder
One of the most important aspects of what makes us beautiful is the person that lies within. Happiness in ourselves is what determines how we treat others and the way we view the world around us. With all of the trauma that is going on in the world, I believe that taking the time to find the good things we possess helps us to feel the best we can which can help relieve stress and look at situations in our lives in a manner that makes us able to do the impossible.
Spending only 5 minutes a day taking time for ourselves can lead to longer, more productive lives and the ability to find the best in ourselves and those that surround us everyday. Feeling a strong inner beauty enables us to look in the mirror and find the physical beauty in ourselves that we have never seen before. I will be curious as to what you will find.
With the Oscars right around the corner, I had to make the trip to see The King’s Speech which is up for several nominations. Not only is the story absolutely charming, but the makeup up is stunning. Helena Bonham Carter and Jennifer Ehle emulate the true meaning of delicate, English beauty. With the weather being so cold right now, here are some tips to recreate the look.
1. Cover the skin with a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturizer and set with powder.
2. Eye shadow is kept to a minimum. A cream color shade such as Chanel’s Vanilla is placed over the eyelids and a soft rose color is placed over the lids.
3. A double coat of mascara helps define the eyes giving it a wide doe-eyed look. Maybelline has come out with a new formula called Falsies.
4. Lips are a rosy color and kept slightly matte.
5. Cheeks are soft and creamy. If you normally don’t wear cream blush, lipstick can be used from time to time. Dot each cheek bone with a bit of your lip color and gently blend.
Not only has she stolen Brad Pitt’s heart, she is so darn pretty as well. Watching Angelina Jolie walk effortlessly down the red carpet made me want to emulate her style starting with her beautiful pale pink lips. According to AOL Stylelist, Angelina is wearing Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in a color named LOVE.
Visit the Chantecaille website at http://www.chantecaille.com/ for more colors.
As winter continues, we are all starting to feel the urge to head to the Bahamas. I never realized that my skin was so pale that I nicely blend in with the white walls in my apartment. What to do? It is time to head to either the department store or the drugstore for either a self tanner or a face and body lotion that will leave the skin a soft bronzey color.
For an even application with self tanner, it is a good idea to exfoliate your body and face first to rid the skin of dull dry patches so the self tanner won’t get cakey or leave streaks. Body and face moisturizers that tan the skin leave a color that is softer but still very beneficial when you are feeling pale.
A few of my faves:
- Clarins Self Tanning Milk SPF 6
- Jergens Healthy Glow Complexion Moisturizer
- L’oreal Sublime Luminizing Moisturizer
Add a little bronzer and some lip gloss after you apply and feel like you are ready to hit the beach!
Even though I have been doing makeup for over twenty years, I never lack for excitement when new makeup comes out every season. This spring is no exception as pink is all over the place. Pink eyes, pink cheeks, pink lips, pink nails and even lightly pink complexions ruled the runways and can be seen in almost every new spring collection.
What is cool about Spring 2011 pink is that there isn’t just one shade being shown which means any woman can wear it comfortably!
Trends in Pink
- Light pink lips with smoky eyes-sexy, oh so 60′s and very feminine! A lot of lashes will make the eyes pop.
- Pretty neutral eyes with bright pink or fuchsia lips-professional and trendy. Cheeks will also be highlighted in a medium pink hue.
- Glowing pinky cream complexions with soft eyes, glossy lips and cheek cream-young and fun. No matter your age, this look will be a go.
- Soft pink eyeshadow with a simple black liner and mascara for the eyes and a soft red lip…be the ingenue showing your mysterious side.
Make pink your own as it also the most romantic color next to red!